Jammming Project Feedback

Thanks for coming to share your portfolio Project with other learners!

When posting your project for review, please be sure to include the following:

• Your review of the Project. Was it easy, difficult, just right?
    The project difficulty was just right, I feel like the lessons gave me the basic knowledge to complete the tasks required.
  • An estimate of how long it took you to complete
    This project took me about 10 hours with the help of ChatGPT.
  • The link to your code repo
    the app is deployed here: https://jammming-dev.vercel.app/
    the repo can be found here: GitHub - el-protoman/jammming: spotify playlist - api

I am interested in feedback on how to improve the front end design, i have organized the code into separate components but did not dedicate much time to the css.

We hope you enjoyed this project!

Currently still working on the project. I feel like I must have missed a few lessons or need to go back and redo sections because I am totally lost on how to do a few aspects of the project and feel like I am seeing it for the first time. It is the first project that has caused me to have a set back so far but I am trying to power though it. So for difficulty for me I would rate it a 10 as it caused me to almost lose motivation to keep trying at the moment.

1 Like

What are you having difficulty with? Maybe i can provide a few pointers

Biggest issue I have is authentication and jus tfigureing out the api. I think a have a base site finally set up although I need to do a little more work to get the search list to update properly.

I just feel like each step I’m having to research on my own which is fine I need to figure that out but seems different from other projects in this path.

Hi arc5410763152,

I understand your frustration. Authentication can be tricky, but it’s definitely doable. Here are a few tips that might help:

• Make sure you’re using the correct API endpoint.
  • Check the error logs for any clues about what might be going wrong.
  • If you’re still stuck, try searching for solutions online, I had difficulty with the api and found a good solution that was able to plug right into my project!

The important aspect of this project is keeping the code maintainable and able to easily switch out components.

Good luck!

Best,
Nick