Jammming - 401 error - missing steps?

I’ve completed everything up to Task 95, and I used the walkthrough video to check my work. In the video, his app magically works after Task 95, but I feel like there are some steps missing.

For one thing, I may have missed it, but I don’t think the video ever shows him adding an event handler to the Search Button. I figured out that I needed to add it, of course, but I don’t think that step is in the instructions, either.

The bigger issue, though, is that now that I’ve added the event handler, all I get is 401 (Unauthorized) errors. I don’t understand how this is supposed to work when there is nothing in the code that prompts the user to log into Spotify. And while I am logged in to Spotify in my browser, the app doesn’t seem to have any way to get those credentials.

What am I missing?

I tried searching the forums for the solution code to compare it to mine, but it’s either not here or it’s lost in all the posts about people asking questions and posting their own solutions.

Any help is much appreciated! I’m really frustrated at the many hours I’ve spent on this, and having followed the instructions exactly, including watching the 2+ hour walkthrough video, only to not have a working app.

1 Like