I've been struggling to install TensorFlow for over a week

Hi, I’ve been stuck on this for a while, and my patience is wearing thin…

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/natural-language-processing/tracks/nlp-text-generation/modules/nlp-text-generation/informationals/seq2seq-machine-translation-project

I checked my PATH and deleted all versions of Python and started over. Thrice.

I got to the first code block here: התקן את TensorFlow עם pip

I tried python3 -m pip install tensorflow, but got

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for tensorflow

so I tried python3 --version, and lo and behold, Python 3.11.0, which afaik is incompatible with TensorFlow atm. No idea where it came from, and when I go to the installation folder, it says 3.10.8.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

It says right in the TensorFlow documentation that TF2 is compatible with Python 3.7-3.10.

https://www.tensorflow.org/install/

Have you tried using Colab instead? It’s the same thing at Jupyter Notebook and you don’t need to install it.

Sorry, I figured it out. Onward and upward! (And idk how I feel about using Colab)

So now I’m trying to install TensorRT, but I guess PyCUDA requires nvcc to be on PATH, which I have no idea how to do on Windows

Ah, I didn’t know you were on Windows b/c it wasn’t specified what OS you were using. Windows 10?

Try Colab. It’s the same as Jupyter (built just like it). You can write and execute Python code in it. It’s an app you add to your Google Drive. Perhaps it will be less hassle…

Or, check this:

Sorry, Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

docs.nvidia.com

Installation Guide :: NVIDIA Deep Learning TensorRT Documentation

This NVIDIA TensorRT 8.5.1 Installation Guide provides the installation requirements, a list of what is included in the TensorRT package, and step-by-step instructions for installing TensorRT.

That’s what told me I need nvcc, then dead end. I just really need to get it to run in VS Code or PyCharm so I can use Copilot. I gave up on TensorRT for now.

Now my issue is storage space. I need to figure out how to delete the duplicate installs bc I’m seriously considering deleting the whole drive.

Does Colab not need me to install TensorFlow/Keras? I’m still not sure how notebooks work

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.