It's Not Cheating—It's Debugging!

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-python/lessons/battleship/exercises/its-not-cheatingits-debugging?action=lesson_resume&link_content_target=interstitial_lesson

when i got to this exercise i got no code written at all, and even when I followed the instructions and click “Run” , it begins loading for a very long time without doing any thing (even though no message showed up to tell me that my code is incorrect)

finally when i tried to refresh the page and clicked rest i got this message in a white box:

Whoa there!

8/script.py has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move 8/script.py back to its original location, or reset your files
reset files ok

and either to click on “rest files” or “ok” but neither of them do anything.

print ship_row
print ship_col

i’m waiting for answers

I have this problem too. I tried to do it from Chrome and Firefox but it just keep loading

triple that, hoping like you for an answere :slight_smile:

Same here, I have tried reset under different browsers, IE, Chrome, Edge, Firefox and seems none of them work. Really hope this issue could be solved :frowning:

Same here. I’ve tried earlier and thought it could be a server problem, but nothing changed. I also tried to do all exercises again, but It’s not a solution neither.

Any help?

I am stuck too.
Not able to progress forward.
Did anyone find a solution to this?

I am still stuck on that exercise and can’t proceed. Is there a way to skip that exercise at least?

u can try to reset the code and click run for several times till a message appear to you:
stuck here
keep trying get code
when you click on “get code” you will be able to pass to the next exercise.

Go to Get Help option on the right bottom corner of the page.

Then,click on I want to restart this exercise.

Then write your code.

It Works!! Thanks! the code still has problems but you can use ‘Get code’ and press next

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.