It's not Cheating - it's Debugging! Help please! Code running forever

Hello,

I’m pretty new to this but I need some help. I’m on the Python course (the Battleship part), part 9 specifically. Whatever I try, the code just runs forever. I’ve even tried pasting in the correct answer. I’ve tried something as basic as

print “Hi”

and no matter what, whenever I click Run, it just spins forever. No output, no error message, nothing. Just spinning arrow until the end of time. For some reason, none of my code carries over from the part before it (part 8). I have to go back to part 8 then copy and paste it in. I get the feeling this is related to it, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Can someone help me? I’ve been struggling with this for over an hour now and I’m going slightly mad.

Thank you

P.S. I should mention - I’ve tried resetting the exercise multiple times now. It hasn’t helped.

I’m having the same issue. Looks like they need to debug that page, ironically.

The Python course has been moved to a new environment, this affected progress. This change was announced in

• Codecademy’s Blog
  • In the exercises themselves
  • You may have even received an e-mail

The Codecademy Team did its best to get this announcement out to everyone and is working very hard to find and fix any and all issues caused by this move. Currently, the best thing you can do is submit a bug report. Unfortunately, other than this, there really isn’t anything we can do to help you.