Issues with css

I just wanna know if anyone else has issues with CSS exercises?
Even tho i put the correct answer it shows that is incorrect but then when i refresh the page few times,it shows the same answer as correct. Just makes me lose a lot of time trying to find a mistake but then there is none i always need to refresh.
Currently on CSS SELECTORS AND VISUAL RULES exercise 3,font family.
but same thing happened few times in previous lessons.

(EDIT: last exercise BACKGROUND IMAGE didn’t even let me go through without a solution)

Hi there.

Generally the LE will only prevent you from advancing through the material if there’s an issue with what you’ve written, though there are some exercises where it can be stubborn and will only accept an answer as right if it’s exactly what the task asked for.

If you can post a link to the exercise you’re doing, and provide us with correctly formatted code which is failing the tests, we can see if we get the same issue or if you’ve made an error. :slight_smile:

Hi @thepitycoder,thanks for your reply.

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/web-development/tracks/styling-a-website/modules/learn-css-selectors-visual-rules/lessons/css-visual-rules/exercises/text-align-i

I posted a link to a random exercise but i had a problem with at least 6 exercises in this lesson…so my codes did show correct every time but only after i refreshed the whole page for a few times.
So its like its has problems with rendering the CSS code;and now i can’t even get it to render the photo in the exercise 9,even tho it still says it is correct after i have put the link into the background-image.

even now i was doing practice(that was in the practice quiz) and one of the tasks was to put a text into a center and set opacity to .8.
h1 {
text-align: center;
opacity: 0.8;
}
and it didn’t wanna run at all at it,it kept showing as it was wrong so it didn’t let me go through it.
(but maybe my code WAS wrong above but i don’t know…)
(EDIT) right now im doing a new exercise and AGAIN same problem.

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/web-development/tracks/styling-a-website/modules/learn-css-selectors-visual-rules/projects/css-selectors-1
i put all the codes and it doesn’t want to make the changes when i press save,no matter how many times i rewrite it and press to run,but when i refresh the page only then it accepts it and shows the changes

Odd. Those exercises are working OK for me.

Can you try the Troubleshooting Steps below please?

ok,so it most be something on my side…thank you for your help @thepitycoder

I think it’s more likely to be something in your browser than elsewhere, which is why I asked you to try the troubleshooting steps.

If they don’t make any difference, though, please let us know. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.