Issue with Boss Machine Starting File - redux dependency

Hello,

Is this because I haven’t installed Redux? I skipped that module in the course :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :roll_eyes: Will check that out as well.

I have downloaded the starting file for Boss Machine but I am getting this error:

npm ERR! code ERESOLVE
npm ERR! ERESOLVE unable to resolve dependency tree    
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! While resolving: build-apis-boss-machine@1.0.0
npm ERR! Found: redux@3.7.2
npm ERR! node_modules/redux
npm ERR!   dev redux@"^3.7.2" from the root project
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
npm ERR! peer redux@"^4" from redux-thunk@2.4.1
npm ERR! node_modules/redux-thunk
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry
npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps
npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! See C:\Users\nfhea\AppData\Local\npm-cache\eresolve-report.txt for a full report.

I also tried running it using --force as per the instructions and then I got some other issue including 7 high vulnerabilities and when I run npm start I have this message:

[nodemon] to restart at any time, enter `rs`
[nodemon] watching dir(s): server.js server\**\*
[nodemon] watching extensions: js,mjs,json
[nodemon] starting `node server.js`
[nodemon] clean exit - waiting for changes before restart```

i also seem to be having issues when trying to install dependencies :frowning:

The above error log already proposes fixes for the issue. Seems like a dependency requires a higher redux version than the one installed. So either that gets fixed by updating the version manually or – for exercises that aren’t supposed to go live and thus being up to date – adding the flag --legacy-peer-deps usually fixes the issue.

So try running
npm install *whatever* --legacy-peer-deps

That ignores dependencies that can’t be installed.

Thank you, I tried running it with the --legacy-peer-deps and I am getting the same issue.

what do the nodemon messages mean because it looks like it has worked but maybe I need to do aomething?

Thanks!

That doesn’t look like the same issue to me. Apparently, this time the installation was successful while the first post shows an error.
I never installed nodemon, but it looks like it just lists the available commands. So looks alright to me.

Oh yeah, I mean the same thing as when I ran it with force.

Hmm, I didn’t plan to use nodemon :joy: I was just following the instructions on the project page.

Anyway, now I’ve read a bit further yes I think this is working, I think I was expecting it to pop up like a react project but I’ve opened the files manually and it seems to be working.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

1 Like