Is this website error or something wrong with my code?

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-python-3/projects/physics-class

Hi guys Im totally new to programming, have no background at all. trying to self-teach myself to programming starting with Python. The first few lessons are fine and great, super interactive. Soon i realise there is some problems with the website. And then now i keep facing challenges like this 1|690x316 . Can u guys tell me what is wrong with my code? getting discourage to be stuck at problems like this, which i know wad to key in but just don’t know why it doesn’t went through.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community!

Did you figure it out? If not, read line 20 carefully :wink:

Don’t get discouraged, you’re doing fine, but this kind of thing will happen occasionally.

Remember to take some much needed short breaks once in a while.

4 Likes

Omg, thank you. I cant believe such mistake can be made!!! May be because I have been on it yesterday for quite awhile and had a mental fatigue. With a fresher mind this morning, I found it :smiley: SPELLING ERROR!! This is embarrassing… Thank you so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happens to me every once in awhile. Super annoying going through the code for half an hour, or longer, and finally finding one letter out of place. :laughing:

3 Likes

I know right? Im so glad theres a great community out there ready to help whenever. Are you just starting to learn too?

2 Likes

Somewhat…

I started doing block based coding several years ago as part of the Lego Mindstorm program, and learned most of the basic programing concepts from that. I also have enjoyed using Minecraft’s redstone system which behaves like basic computer logic.

I pieced together a bit of HTML for a server welcome page and learned a good bit about how that works. But just recently did I really get into writing code. It’s been pretty easy since I had already done so much.

1 Like

If we are going to continue this conversation we may want to move to a different topic or a private message…

Am I correct @ghostlovescore?

1 Like

Well, I’m not a moderator,
so I personally don’t mind, nor think I should tell you guys what to do.

That said, it would make sense to continue via PM :relieved:

3 Likes

Thank you
Just thought I would ask, you’ve been here longer than I have. :grinning:
I’d ask the pity coder but based on his activity I don’t think he is usually online for another few hours.

2 Likes

If you wanted to discuss something a bit off-topic, there’s always the #community:Random section. As the name suggests, that’s for things which don’t quite belong anywhere else, so you’ll be fine so long as your topic doesn’t descend into spam or otherwise break the rules. :slight_smile:

Chatting about what first intrigued you about the wider world of programming, or even a bit more discussion about how you can build logic circuits in Minecraft or the Lego Mindstorm stuff, could be suited to the #community:corner-bar or Random again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes