Is “The Big If” bugged?

Would you happen to know if “The Big If” is bugged?
ive rewritten my code a bunch and simplified it. its probably something small that im missing but just cant place it.

#Complete the if and elif statements!
def grade_converter(grade):
    if grade >= 90:
        return "A"
    elif grade >= 80:
        return "B"
    elif grade >=70:
        return "C"
    elif grade >= 65:
        return "D"
    else:
        return "F"

# This should print an "A"      
print grade_converter(92)

# This should print a "C"
print grade_converter(70)

# This should print an "F"
print grade_converter(61)

it works in the console window but the instructions are giving me an x?

Please post a link to the exercise. Thanks.

The Big IF

I am having the same issue cant seem to get passed the exercise even though the code is correct

'Fraid it appears to be bugged. I reset and redid the exercise and got an X where I previously had a check mark. My old code was gone, though, and that page opened up with the reset code to begin with, even though I did it a year or more ago.

1 Like

Yeah i’ve written my code a couple of different ways that seem to work. The only way i can get the box to check is by hitting the solution button after failed attempts…but the solution is identical to the code posted above. I guess it is bugged

1 Like

So is that the only way to get past this exercise? Waiting for the solution to be given?

That i know of yes. Even if your code works in the console window the instruction will give you an x. If you click the solution button it will write the “correct” code and give you the pass. If you copy the solution code reset the exercise and paste the solution you still get the x. So again i believe its the only way to pass the exercise.

1 Like

When we get the solution, it may be working code but it too would fail the SCT in this instance since correct code is not being allowed to pass. Get Code bypasses the SCT and lets us proceed to the next lesson.

Hi am facing the same issue with BigIf , I have written multiple possibilities and still am getting an “X” mark in the instructions. :roll_eyes:
Due to this Next lessons are not loading and am stuck !! :triumph:

Hi there. It probably has a bug. Even after it provides the solution, if you reset the exercise and paste the solution it provides, it fails again.

Btw, the solution is:

if grade >= 90:
return "A"
elif grade >= 80:
return "B"
elif grade >= 70:
return "C"
elif grade >= 65:
return "D"
else:
return “F”

This should print an “A”

This should print a “C”

This should print an “F”

As expected. Switching this to Platform Problems where it might have a better chance of being picked up by the engineers.

1 Like

My code (in the link) looks alright to me. However, the instructions gave me an X. The code ran properly.

My code prints out A, C, F on the console as required. + There is NO error message, but the left-hand panel still shows incorrect answer so I cannot proceed. Have reset 3 times (which fixed an earlier bug) but no joy. Help?

• code below -

if grade >= 90:
return “A”
elif grade >= 80:
return “B”
elif grade >= 70:
return “C”
elif grade >= 65:
return “D”
else:
return “F”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.