Is Javascript case sensitive?

console.log('Hello world!');
2 Likes

why don’t we have to put quotation marks around numbers like we do for letters?

Quotes tell the interpreter to treat text as a delimited character sequence. Each character is then interpreted by its Unicode ordinal (character code). The way characters are stored in memory is one to four bytes, as needed. This depends only upon which page of the codec they are from.

Numbers are completely different with respect to how they are stored. Integers are stored as integers, and many of them, (the first few hundred) are hard coded into the namespace, so they have a fixed address. If we write five different computations that all arrive at the number 42, for instance, all five solutions will have the same id.

Floats are stored differently, as a mantissa and an exponent. You’ll eventually want to read up on this to get a lay of the land.

All three mentioned above are primitive data types that must be interpreted before they can be compiled. This step is where the values are cast to their respective type.

3 Likes

yet, so powerful, because we have so much more choices. As a default, I like to start with lower case for the first word and upper for succeeding ones… it makes it easy to read.
like : “myName”, and not “myname”.
codeCademy is great!

agreed! What you are referring to is camelCasing, and I find this very helpful as well >U<

Also, welcome to the forums! @cloud2495088299 :wave:

1 Like

Thank you for the kindness of telling us welcome. You are all very inciteful. Thanks for the knowledge and wisdom.

1 Like

Is there a difference between putting the string between ’ ’ and " "?

Not a lot, but as a team you should agree on which one to use in a project

I prefer template literals when you need variables in the string.

the only exception is when you need a apostrophe in your string, you should make live easy for yourself and enclose the string in quotation marks and vice versa

1 Like