Is Django hard to learn?

I’m about to finish python basics. I want to learn Django. How long does it take to learn? Can I get a remote job with it on time?

Hi @beta0213811950 - welcome to the forum.

I love Django, it’s my favourite Python-based web framework.

There’s a bit of a learning curve to it, though it’s not insurmountable.

Depends on what you want to do with it. Getting a basic site up and running isn’t that difficult, but as a framework Django provides pre-built code for all sorts of things like user authentication and CMS for example. As a result, there is a lot you can do with it which can be overwhelming to start with.

I’m still figuring out new ways to do things with it. :smiley:

Required experience would vary based on the company and the seniority of the position, as with most things. :slight_smile:

If you wanted to learn more about Django, I would recommend the Mozilla Dev Network tutorial which will take you through the steps of setting up the Django project and building a basic website for a small public library.

There is also the official Django tutorial from the Django Foundation, however I consider the MDN one to be better.

The Django docs are generally excellent, and I’ve learnt pretty much everything that I know about Django from a combination of reading those docs and just trying different things on my dev machine.

One thing I’ll add is that Django is a web framework, so ultimately it’s likely that you’ll need to know more than just Python to be able to leverage it fully. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot. Your reply really helped.

1 Like