Invalid Seeds.rb file

Authorization Seeds.rb File

I have been having errors loading and moving through this course at step 6 and ended up having to reset. I don't know if its on my end or something with CodeCademy but for whatever reason after I reset the exercise, I lost the user information in the Seeds.rb file. Have tried resetting this module more than 3 times and it's not putting the info back in the file. It worked the first time so this is frustrating. Could someone please copy and paste the seeds.rb file in here? I need the Mateo and Freida users and I don't have them/can't get them. Thank you.

Could be solved as easily as someone that completed this exercise copy/pasting their seeds.rb file in here.

Hi @renright,

Please post a link to the exercise you're on so we can help you.

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/rails-auth/lessons/authorization/exercises/authorization-authorization?user_id=574b3e5c4b7f519fa600030e

@renright I still can't get the exercise to load for me (that's why I didn't reply yesterday), but once I do I'll take a closer look - for now though, it looks to me like you don't need the db/seeds.rb file until exercise 3 :slight_smile:

Its the only thing thats keeping me from 100% completion on the rails authentication module as a whole and for the most part this one can be completed with copy and paste from the steps.

@renright How is it keeping you from completing? You don't need the seeds file until exercise 3, but you said you were on exercise 1.

That said, the db/seeds.rb file looks like this for the part relating to users:

mateo  = User.create(first_name: 'Mateo',  last_name: 'Lazo',  email: 'mateo@email.com',  password: 'Mateo1',  password_confirmation: 'Mateo1',  role: 'editor')
julian = User.create(first_name: 'Julian', last_name: 'Jones', email: 'julian@email.com', password: 'Julian1', password_confirmation: 'Julian1')
freida = User.create(first_name: 'Freida', last_name: 'Gray',  email: 'freida@email.com', password: 'Freida1', password_confirmation: 'Freida1', role: 'admin')

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.