Introduction to HTML Displaying Text

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/learn-how-to-build-websites/tracks/build-websites-intro/modules/learn-html-elements/lessons/intro-to-html/exercises/text-content-tags

Can you see what the issue is with the #2 section of this. I have done it three times and get the same result each time of a wrong answer but right if I look at the solution.

<body>
  <h1>The Brown Bear</h1>
  <div id="introduction">
    <h2>About Brown Bears</h2>
    <p>"The brown bear (Ursus arctos) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently Least Concern. There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear."</p>
    <h3>Species</h3>
    <h3>Features</h3>
    <p>"Brown bears are not always completely brow. Some can be reddish and yellowish. They have very large, curved claws and huge paws. Male brown bears are often 30% larger than female brown bears. They can range from 5 feet to 9 feet from head to toe."</p>
  </div>
  <div id="habitat">
    <h2>Habitat</h2>
    <h3>Countries with Large Brown Bear Populations</h3>
    <h3>Countries with Small Brown Bear Populations</h3>
    <p> "Some countries with smaller brown bear populations include Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, China, Finland, France, Greece, India, Japan, Nepal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan."</p>
  </div>
  <div id= "media">
    <h2>Media</h2>
  </div>
</body>

Here is the solution, what is the difference.

<body>
  <h1>The Brown Bear</h1>
  <div id="introduction">
    <h2>About Brown Bears</h2>
    <p>The brown bear (Ursus arctos) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently Least Concern. There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.</p>
    <h3>Species</h3>
    <h3>Features</h3>
    <p>Brown bears are not always completely brown. Some can be reddish or yellowish. They have very large, curved claws and huge paws. Male brown bears are often 30% larger than female brown bears. They can range from 5 feet to 9 feet from head to toe.</p>
  </div>
  <div id="habitat">
    <h2>Habitat</h2>
    <h3>Countries with Large Brown Bear Populations</h3>
    <h3>Countries with Small Brown Bear Populations</h3>
    <p>Some countries with smaller brown bear populations include Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, China, Finland, France, Greece, India, Japan, Nepal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.</p>
  </div>
  <div id="media">
    <h2>Media</h2>
  </div>
</body>

Even when layered into notepad++ compare, they are the same… So can someone say what the issue may be…

Hey @docweed13 I was looking through your code I saw that the code that didn’t work had quotes around “The brown bear (Ursus arctos), etc.” Try removing those quotes and see if it works.

Also, you have a space between id= and “media”

Hope this helps!

1 Like