Introduce yourself!

Hey folks,
I’m Steven and I’ve been coding for a couple of months. I’m enrolled in a full-stack developer bootcamp which comes with a job guarantee upon completion. Therefore, I have quit my job so I can devote myself to this full time. I’m British but I’m living in Vietnam as my wife is from here. We’re hoping to return to the UK next year.
Anyway, it would be amazing to get to know some people here and collaborate on some interesting projects. If that interests you, please feel free to get in touch.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I forget if one of us has posted here before . . . we are the Sinner System. Usually Meg N is fronter here.
Host: either Meg N (age 19, pronouns she/her) or Cloud (age ??, pronouns she/her)
Known Alters: MØNØ (age 13, pronouns he/it/they/voi/fae/be), Socrates (age ??, pronouns he/him), Little One (age 3-6, pronouns he/they), The Voice (everything unknown), Dirty One (age 18-21, pronouns she/they)
About Us: MØNØ is fronter rn. We’re Canadian. Cloud/Meg N was learning front end developing but quit cuz of the anxiety. But I wanted to start again so we could self-publish our poetry :point_down:

Hi! My name is Kyle Wardlow. I’m learning from home in Niles, Michigan.

I’m a forever student as I’m always learning something new as a result of being a bit of a geek and having massive ADHD. The amount of hobbies and projects that I have 5% done is…slightly embarrassing, but my drive to take a sharp turn in my career toward something a lot more profitable is what has me on my education journey in the current moment.

I’m working on the Codecademy Full-Stack Engineer career path while also taking other courses here for other stacks that may be valuable to know in my coming job-search.

I’m very excited to learn how to build things myself and help others in building and maintaining their dream projects.

The most recent project I worked on in my career path course was my favorite one so far, I built a reminder and self-development bot for myself from the Mixed Messages project (viewable here: SelfDevBot by Kyle Wardlow)

Happy Coding, Y’all and I’ll see you around here!

Very happy to add to this post, the fact that I am now successfully running a tech dev shop from New Delhi, India. Enjoying the science & art of building solutions for the real world. Exploring and absorbing new domains, and problem statements that come with. Anyone reading this, keep going, be focussed. It’s not easy on all days, but it isn’t hard either.

Persistence -> going on exploratory learning errands -> returning to the stack -> achieving goals -> repeating

Keep in touch for motivation or help that I maybe able to provide. Smart lines of code, written by ethical and intelligent beings is shaping our future. If you have the ethics and intelligence to contribute to the world, learning to code is kinda your duty :slight_smile:

Hi there, I’m Elena from Germany. I have started my coding journey a week ago, and so far I’m loving it. Can’t stop studying and feeling like a sponge that wants to soak everything up there is to know about coding :nerd_face: Just by coincidence during my thoughts about switching my profession as a teacher I have stumbled upon coding, and thought why not give it a shot. And now I’m hooked. I am planning to become a backend developer, but let’s see where this journey will take me. I’m especially happy that two friends of mine believe in me that they have offered to let me code their professional webpages. So here I am, having my first two real life projects to work on while learning to code, and experiment with it.
Looking forward to meet everyone here at codecademy :raised_hands: :brain: :tipping_hand_woman:t4:

oh and also, my first question: can someone please help me to change my username? :pray:t4: :innocent: The instruction that I have found via google and the search on codecademy unfortunately didn’t help. Don’t know why I can’t edit it :woman_shrugging:t4: :grimacing:

1 Like

Hello, I’m Amber from Florida, US. I just started coding last week :sweat_smile:. I finally made the commitment to learn and stick it through. Right now, I am learning from home and would love to be a part of a group to study with. I would be nice to have someone to tag team with and talk to about accomplishments and failures. Currently, I am an educator and I am trying to transition out of my field (Wish Me Luck!) :face_in_clouds:

I selected to the full stack engineer and started learning the basics of HTML and CSS. I wrote some sick notes for reference. I want to utilize what I have learned to create a phenomenal website that can be both a portfolio but also a flagship for my other passions. I am extremely excited and anxious to get to where I need to go.

1 Like

Hello ! I’m Angelo from Italy. I’m here to study python and some its applications in scientific sectors.I hope to learn here also from other buddies ! See you.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Ariana. Someone I know recommended Codecademy to me as a way to get back into learning to code. So far, I have really enjoyed it, and the lessons are easy to follow! I’m a working professional in a field that does not require a lot of coding knowledge, but I’m interested in learning new skills. I moonlight as a game artist and animator, and one of the things that has held me back from making cool things is coding. I don’t expect that I will be able to make a fully functional game, nor do I think I would want to, but I hope to at least be able to make tools or debug things when they break. I’m currently learning C#. From there I may try C++ or Python.

1 Like

Hi I am Aaron, I’m a student in information technology and am learning Javascript and node.js in code academy out of interest. What I like most about coding is the ability to create any app you want.

I’d appreciate any suggestions on free or payed courses that a suited for beginners.

My name is Francisco. I´m 44 but I always wanted to learn code. Despite is not related at all with my profession (I´m a dentist) I feel that it can bring me tons of opportunities to create new services and products that unlock best in class patient experience.

Although I wake up everyday very motivated to start my day coding with some lessons her at code academy, I just feel I missed the big train as Im too old for it. I should have started 10 years ago.

Meanwhile, Ill enjoy being around.

3 Likes

Hello I am Marion. I am learning primarily on Codecademy, but also from YouTube, and FreeCodeCamp. I am a self-study student of coding, Mandarin Chinese, and many other topics that I like to read into. I have learned the C# course, HTML, CSS, and beginning JavaScript so far, but at the moment I am taking the Full-Stack developer course, so I can have the skills and certification to get a job in full-stack development. I am the most excited about being able to bring my ideas to life through the skills I have and will learn.

3 Likes

Hello, World!

I’m Olga, currently living in Montreal, Canada. I’ve been recently laid off in one of those fun mass layoffs, so have taken up coding to help me relax between job searches and applications. Really enjoying it so far! I’m an underslept parent in my 30s stressed about all the responsibilities in my life right now, but have found Python so invigorating and empowering, that I am dreaming about a career where I can code full-time.

I initially started the free Python 2 course, and after getting half way through it decided to purchase the Pro. Now, I’m taking the Python 3 course, and have joined the Computer Science Career Path, as well as browsing through some of the other courses.

What makes me most excited about coding is…everything! I love the problem-solving, and the fulfilment of making it work and then seeing the result. I’m also using codewars to train, and have found their puzzles really exciting.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Francisco and I’m studying to work in computer science. I’m learning to use git as it still confuses me and I’m working on some personal games on the side and are excited about bringing my ideas to life.

1 Like

hi, my name is peter, am s atudent in zambia. am ejoying codecademy for my program :hugs:

1 Like

Hi All

I’m Mariusz.

I’m from the South West UK.
I currently work as 1st/2nd line IT support. Got 18 years experience in that area, although I always wanted to try to become a developer or a programmer.
I have quite some experience with coding, albeit a bit dusty :slight_smile:

Looking forward to get some help from you, and always willing to help if I know something!
See you around!

1 Like

Dear Codecademy Community,

My name is Marvellous Oseji, and I am a 19-year-old aspiring Full Stack Engineer based in Nigeria. I am reaching out to this wonderful community today to humbly request your support and assistance in acquiring an i7 laptop, specifically the Dell XPS 15, to help me overcome the obstacles I am currently facing and complete this course.

During the past months, I have been diligently participating in the Codecademy Full Stack Engineer course, immersing myself in the world of programming and honing my skills to become a proficient developer. Unfortunately, my progress has been hindered significantly due to the limitations of my current laptop – an Intel Pentium procured by my average income Daddy. The laptop’s performance struggles to keep up with the demands of coding, leading to slow compile times and an overall frustrating experience. As a result, I have had to halt my studies temporarily, which is both disheartening and discouraging. My impressive progress has declined significantly.

My dream of becoming a Full Stack Engineer is not just a personal goal but also a means to help my family during these trying times. We are facing financial difficulties due to the devastating economic down tune in my country, but the income from a job in the tech industry would be a lifeline for my family of Seven (7). With the right tools, like the Dell XPS 15, I am confident that I can complete the Codecademy course and secure a job within the next three months since I have progressed significantly in the course.

I understand that reaching out for help is not an easy task, but I believe in the spirit of this community, where learners support one another to thrive in their coding journey. I have seen countless stories of how Codecademy has transformed lives and opened doors to new opportunities, and I am eager to make the most of this chance to change mine and my family’s life for the better.

If anyone within the Codecademy community is willing to assist me with either a fairly used or a new an i7 laptop, such as the Dell XPS 15, I assure you that it will be put to the best possible use. I am committed to dedicating countless hours to learning and perfecting my coding skills, and I promise to pay it forward by helping others in their coding journey as soon as I am able.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to read my appeal, and I hope that you can find it in your hearts to consider my request for assistance. I am grateful for any support, guidance, or encouragement that you may offer.

Please feel free to reach out to me via this forum or through my provided contact information if you have any questions or would like to know more about my journey. I will be eagerly waiting for your response.

Thank you once again for your kindness and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Marvellous Oseji
Aspiring Full Stack Engineer from Nigeria

1 Like

Dear fellow learners and mentors

My name is Otto, and I am thrilled to introduce myself as a passionate learner on a journey to master the art of Full Stack Web Development. At 28 years old, I currently reside in the beautiful country of Greece, and today marks my third day of embarking on this exciting adventure at Code Academy.

Ever since I dipped my toes into the world of coding, I have been captivated by the endless possibilities that lie within web development. My curiosity has led me to explore various programming languages, frameworks, and technologies, with a specific focus on both front-end and back-end development. Through my experiences so far, I have come to realize that web development is not just a skill; it’s a form of creative expression that allows me to shape ideas into functional, elegant, and user-friendly digital experiences.

Joining the Code Academy community is a significant step for me, as I believe in the power of collaboration and knowledge sharing. I am eager to engage with fellow learners, tap into the wealth of expertise that this forum holds, and contribute to meaningful discussions. Learning is most effective when it’s a two-way street, and I am excited to both learn from and contribute to the vibrant ecosystem that Code Academy offers.

While I may be at the beginning of my journey, I am determined, focused, and committed to honing my skills to become a proficient Full Stack Web Developer. The challenges and triumphs that lie ahead are all part of the process, and I am ready to embrace them with an open mind and a determination to excel.

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn from all of you and to share this learning journey together. Thank you for welcoming me into the Code Academy community. I look forward to the knowledge exchange, the friendships forged, and the collective growth that we will experience together.

Please feel free to reach out, whether it’s to discuss a coding challenge, share a new insight, or simply to connect as fellow learners. Here’s to many lines of code written, problems solved, and dreams realized.

Warm regards,

Otto

1 Like

Welcome to Full Throttle Fulfillment, where seamless ecommerce fulfillment meets unmatched expertise. Our dedicated team at Full Throttle Fulfillment is committed to propelling your online business to new heights. With a focus on precision and efficiency, we ensure that your orders are processed and shipped with utmost care, leaving you free to steer your brand towards greater success.

Hey
My name is Justin. I’m From Arkansas, USA.
Ive dabbled in coding for a while now, but decided to commit fully! and doing so well. and learning so much in the full stack development.

would love to connect with people and work on some stuff together!!

hmu!!

Hi @ all! My name is Jay, and I’m from Germany, Munich. I am learning from home and I want to refresh some basics and I want to speak the language of our new AI overlords. Praise the 0 and the 1. Just kiddin’.
I like learning, and I like computers, so Codecademy it’s a brilliant match : )
Feel free to contact me and have a good time with coding!