Introduce yourself!

My name is Franka Derb from USA. I’m currently pursing the Web Developer Program on here. I’m still fresh and have a lot of things to learn and practice. You know, deciding to change a job path is quite challenging and I’m to take a challenge. I’m making my Cane Corso Puppies for sale a cup of tea. Would you like to know more
Will also appreciate anyone stopping by my blog.

I am a carbon monoxide expert from Brojensmarthome. And I am also a blogger who are focus on writing some useful tips on carbon monoxide so that people can avoid carbon monoxide poisoning effectifully. You can reffer my latest blog the most detailed information about carbon monoxide, hopes it will be helpful to all. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi! I’m Jenny from Washington State in the PNW. I have worked customer service all my life and am looking for a change and want to have more opportunities in my career to be creative and and make meaningful change. I’m at the very beginning of my journey to learn front end web development and it’s exciting so far. I’m also a mother to a very amazing five year old with a current full time job so making time for coding can be a challenge but I’m dedicated to never stop learning.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone. I decided to introduce myself and jump in. My name is Carrie. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I am starting to learn JavaScript. I’m getting a head start on learning what I can before I start my virtual bootcamp course in Web Development in July. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello I am prince from the US. I’m a college student and learning swift, once I’m done I will go to python or javascript. what’s your advice for a beginner

Hi Everyone,
I’m from Florida, USA. I’m a self-learner and hope to start a new career in programming. I hope to learn a lot from Codecademy!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Blake - I live near Cincinnati, Ohio. I’m a father of 2 and a caregiver of 4 more (6 total) and I’m currently a Quality Control/Engineering Assistant Manager for a company that makes stamped steel parts, and plastic injection molded parts for Toyota.

In 2007 I was supposed to go to college for a CS degree. Unfortunately due to the recession and other obstacles, I was unable to make it happen financially.

Fast forward 15 years - I’ve worked my butt off to get where I am in my company, but I feel like something is missing in my life - so I’ve decided to learn front end development and push towards a career change. I’ve always been frustrated by what happened in 2007, but there’s no room for excuses. With all of the learning options that are around, there’s no reason I can’t have the life in tech that I’ve always dreamed of.

So, I’m following the ‘Front End Engineering’ career path on CodeCademy, as well as reading (sifting through) HTML & CSS by Jon Duckett. It’s a beautiful book that does a great job of illustrating HTML and CSS structure. I’ve been trying to stay active on the discord as well as on reddit, in an attempt to grow my network. If you would like - check out my social media on GitHub, Twitter, Reddit, etc - as @BlakeT87

Thanks for having me here!

~Blake

2 Likes

Greetings! I’m Sherri and I currently teach high school with a Master’s in Education. I started an online bootcamp in February and I’m also working my way through the Codecademy Full Stack modules, which are VERY helpful for me. I started learning HTML and CSS about 4 years ago, but now I want to make it into a career. I’m on GitHub - @slb2018 (very limited profile so far, but growing every day!). I look forward to making connections here :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Claudia, I live in New Zealand and I am learning as much Javascript as I can before a coding bootcamp 9 week course in August this year!
I did some Python on Saylor Academy but switched to JS because everyone said it’s more versatile.
Now I’m doing Javascript on Coursera and want to have a look at the course on JS here at Code Academy, see how they teach it here and cement my knowledge - feeling apprehensive to go to the bootcamp as everyone says it’s intense!
:confused: :confused:

Hi, I’m Jovia, im a student and im taking the full stack development course. i love to code and solve challenges. siked to be here ;D.

Hi there,

I´m Kai from north of germany. I am currently doing JavaScript Path but am also interested in every other part - I love to code and have many ideas but always kind of feel completely lost in this whole world between the one and the other end. Feel free to join me on my journey and write back!

Grz
Kai

Im Dennis, i just started my course in IOS Dev. Hoping to be able to change my career and join the world of IOS dev.

hi! I’m Vic. I joined the full stack engineer career path and hope to make some cool web apps in the near future. Here’s to many wonderful days on CodeAcademy.

Peace.

Greetings and salutations everyone!
My name is Jin, and I just began the Front End Development career path on CodeAcademy, and I am very excited to get started even though it’s basically from scratch.

Back when I was a teenager I picked up HTML and basic CSS, but was told by my parents back then, that it would lead to nowhere focusing on that, so I left it untouched for over 12 years, and now I am at a point in life, where my never forgotten passion can be picked up again, hopefully, to switch career in the future.

Once I get a firm grasp of HTML, CSS and Javascript then I intend to pick up on Python on the side as well. Feel free to reach out and say hello!

Take care and the best of luck in your future endeavors!

1 Like
  • Who are you?
    My name is Briana! I also go by Beans
  • Where are you learning from?
    Western USA
  • Are you a student, teacher, or parent?
    I’m a childless millennial
  • What are you learning on Codecademy?
    Right now I am starting with the basics of JavaScript. This is my first time trying to learn a coding language.
  • What are you teaching on Codecademy?
    I would like to become skillful enough to tutor others in JS
  • What makes you most excited when thinking about learning to code?
    The potential that coding gives me.
  • Have you built a cool project you’d like to share with us?
    Not yet, but I hope to in the near future.
2 Likes

We are all waiting for it Beans

Hi Sherri, I am a high school teacher as well. My name is Rosabella and you currently my role model because my Github profile is still empty. I got so excited to see another teacher taking on the Tech field. I hope to meet you somewhere down the learning path.

Hi :wave:t4:

My name is Rosabella, I am from South Africa. I am currently a high school teacher working on bridging into the Tech field. I am starting with the full tack learning path.

Hello, my name is Patrick and I am a student at Oklahoma State University studying Computer Science. I am taking Codecademy courses to gain knowledge in full-stack engineering,

1 Like

Hello I’m Andrew from Philly and I’m trying to learn how to program drones. So far it’s not going well. I can’t even figure out how to sign in to Discord. :joy: Anyone have any advice on what to learn for coding drones? Python? Something else?
Thanks - Andrew