Intro to programming project "Day of the races"

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to complete the intro to programming in R ’ Day of the races’ project https://www.codecademy.com/paths/analyze-data-with-r/tracks/introduction-to-programming-in-r/modules/intro-to-programming-in-r/projects/day-of-the-race-project-R. I have been over the functions in R article and still cannot seem to make sense of the project. Can anyone offer me any tips or point me in the direction of additional resources please.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I think there’s an edX course that you can audit for free on R and it they give you their textbook in pdf format for free. It’s not bad.

Same here, I also struggled with this project a few weeks ago, still don’t know where to begin.

The project does not seem to be well done.

I previously went through multiple projects in the Javascript language and most projects would provide console feedback which helped you identify what was going wrong.

This does not exist in the R data analysis course project and I ended up setting up R studio. When I copied and pasted the project material into the console R studio’s console provided the feedback I needed to move on but I’m still struggling.

Hey there, I’m struggling with this one too. Trying to do the step 4 bonus to create a loop for the print_information and can’t seem to figure it out. Let me know if you find some solutions.