Installing Python 3 and Python Packages (Jupyter Notebook)

Hello, I am struggling with installing the jupyter notebook for python. I have installed miniconda, the open source python distribution, as the article I have linked below recommends me to

https://www.codecademy.com/articles/install-python3

The article I have linked above recommends that i use conda to install Jupyter Notebook, but when i try to follow the given instructions and type in “conda install jupyter” into the command prompt it gives the the error message of “‘conda’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” I don’t know how to solve this, and as such, I can’t install Jupyter Notebook and continue with the Learn Python 3 syllabus

I think you’ll find it easier to follow the guidance from conda themselves, some of the CC articles are a little dated.

There are also mutliple posts on these forums for folks who’ve had trouble installing, try searching around to see if the solutions offered in other posts work.

Bear in mind that the set-up is rather specific to your OS and the shell you’re using.

1 Like