Instagram Button

So I need some help.... I am using a text editor to create websites I'm sure this is an easy fix but I am trying to add a link to my webpage that will direct people to my Instagram account. Instagram offers code you can input into your text editor that will generate an image and bring them to the page but it is not working correctly for me. When I add it to my HTML text nothing happens.... What could be the problem?

We need to see your code to say.

This is what I copy of Instagram's website. But it is not working correctly for me when I input it into my text editor.

Instagram

I removed a small piece of the code so you can see...

style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; }
.ig-b- img { visibility: hidden; }
.ig-b-:hover { background-position: 0 -60px; } .ig-b-:active { background-position: 0 -120px; }
.ig-b-32 { width: 32px; height: 32px; background: url(//badges.instagram.com/static/images/ig-badge-sprite-32.png) no-repeat 0 0; }
@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), only screen and (min--moz-device-pixel-ratio: 2), only screen and (-o-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2 / 1), only screen and (min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), only screen and (min-resolution: 192dpi), only screen and (min-resolution: 2dppx) {
.ig-b-32 { background-image: url(//badges.instagram.com/static/images/ig-badge-sprite-32@2x.png); background-size: 60px 178px; } }
Instagram

Can i see the page you used to generate the button?

It looks perfect on here, so there's no problem with the code, just the editor probably.

Whats the best editor to use? I am currently using Sublime Text.