Innovation Cloud - Step 16 - ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken

Hi,

I’m currently working on the Innovation Cloud project.

As seen in the following topics The action index could not be found for SignupsController, Receiving error the action index could not be found and Can’t get form to redirect to thanks_url, the browser goes to https://localhost/signups and I can’t figure out why.

However, the index error only shows up when I refresh the browser because I’m also getting an ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken in SignupsController#create error when I click on the submit button.

Here’s what I see in the console:
Started POST "/signups" for xx.xx.xxx.xx at 2020-06-05 17:58:40 +0000 Processing by SignupsController#create as HTML Parameters: {"utf8"=>"✓", "authenticity_token"=>"ISh57AUCeODOur3cP1nkurexm13tyQhVI1d1UrgfQ2o=", "signup"=>{"email"=>"test@email.com"}, "commit"=>"Join"} Can't verify CSRF token authenticity Completed 422 Unprocessable Entity in 1ms

So this doesn’t solve the underlying problem, but will allow you to get beyond this issue for further practice —

In your signups controller, add this line above any of your actions

skip_before_action :verify_authenticity_token

This basically tells the signup controller to not care about the authenticity token. You should not do this in a production app, but inside codecademy for practice/learning, it’s probably fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I was able to complete the project.

Just out of curiosity, what could be the cause of such an issue?