In style.css, set the background position

Hello! In:
Learn HTML & CSS: Part I < IMAGES < 6 page:
I have a task:

In style.css, set the background position of the image in #cover to top center.

I did it correctly. Even ask for "Get Code" But the button "NEXT" is still unavaible.
PLEASE HELP. I am sure hat the code is correct.
What should I do?

Thanks in advanced.

So, did you hold on for the correct code to show up, after the "GET CODE" popped on your screen?

You could post code you wrote.

Thank you! :wink:

Having the same problem, asked to consolidate the three background lines into the one line command.
Line in question:
background: url("https://s3.amazonaws.com/codecademy-content/courses/web-101/unit-8/htmlcss1-img_bicycles.jpeg") no-repeat center top;

error message says to check the order of the commands, I believe it is correct though. 1 URL, 2 repeat, 3 position.

Edit: NVM the problem lied in the ordering of the position elements specifically. Earlier exercises stated that columns came first and rows second but it wanted it the other way around. Not sure if the error is here or in the previous exercises.

Thanks for answer.
I resolved the issue. I finished this lesson in another browser (CHROME)
With the same code In Chrome browser the lesson works.
In Microsoft Edge does not work.

It seems to be a bug/

I'm having the same issue anyone know how to get through this .
Thanks in advance

I resolved the issue. I finished this lesson in another browser (CHROME)
With the same code In Chrome browser the lesson works.
In Microsoft Edge does not work.
It seems to be a bug

So: open your lesson in another browser, pass it and then you may return to your previous browser.

How do you open another browser from the site.

I got it wasn't thinking right .

Thanks for the help

I downloaded Chrome and still have issues with the use of "top center" or "center top" In one page only top center works and in the other center top only works. In the course material it directs us to use "center top"

cover {

background: url("https://s3.amazonaws.com/codecademy-content/courses/web-101/unit-8/htmlcss1-img_bicycles.jpeg") no-repeat top center;
height: 900px;
position: relative;
top: -55px;
width: 100%;

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.