In index.html, add the alt attribute to the image. Make sure the description accurately describes the image

In index.html, add the alt attribute to the image. Make sure the description accurately describes the image.

So what is the question? Have you read the lesson text and understood it? Do you know what an element is? Do you know what an element attribute is?

I put the alt but it is still saying that i didn't even though the description of the photo is there, so how do I make this work?

Nevermind i figured it out.

Note that the alt attribute will display as a tool tip in IE if there is no title attribute. But it is considered an essential attribute on all images, especially if they are to be indexed by search engines.

Read up on alternate text and title attributes to see their intended roles.

Really helpful, thank you

Give this site a good reading over the next while to bolster other W3C reading. Very important stuff to get a handle on if our work is going out to a diverse audience, especially those with disabilities.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.