Improving your service

Hello,

Updates
I have taken many of your courses and found them really good and useful. I have completed the Java course recently and a bit later i have heard of vectors and factories in Java. I have tried to find out what they are and how to use them but I couldn't. So I came here to ask if you could include those things in the Java course (and other things if there are). Or perhaps create a "Advanced Java" course which will have these things covered. I don't know if those things existed at the time you made the course, but i think it is important to update your courses (not only Java) as new things come along.

Edit: Today I received an e-mail saying that Codecademy will update their courses! Starting with Python. I am really happy to see that . I don't know if this is because of this post, probably not, but it is still a very good thing. Thank you! Here's a link to the latest blog post in which they explain the upcoming updates. I think everyone should read this: https://www.codecademy.com/blog/important-changes-to-codecademy-courses/?utm_source=customerio&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=python_announcement

Introductory course
Another thing that could help many people is just a simple course (or page or something else) which is a introduction to programming. It should have helpful tips and tricks to help people get started and don't make mistakes. Also, a thing I would have loved to know sooner is simply: "Where do I write my code?" I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I am just a 13-year-old. With the help of my uncle (a programmer) I started using Eclipse. In your introductory course you should mention eclipse (or IntellyJ or other IDEs) and sites like GitHub.

I have just read your e-mail about a upcoming update. I think the update is great, but I think updating courses should be priority to making your catalog more convenient. In your email I haven't seen the fact that you made a new course: "Learn JS". Why wasn't this in our email?

Conclusion
That is just some ideas I had and i hope they get noticed. Please don't think I am complaining. I love Codecademy but I think it can improve.

P.S. I have just noticed that my Codecademy Learn and Codecademy Discuss accounts aren't synchronized, I don't have the same picture for example.

Gloryous

:wink:

If you log out and back in to your forum account it should sync with your main account.

Thanks, that solves that problem!