Im struggling with 10. Math. Could you please tell me where I stuck

You haven't declared the count_to variable yet. (Example: count_to =). And the instructions say in the comment: # Set count_to equal to the sum of two big numbers. You need to write the sum of two large numbers (not multiple equations) and assign them to count_to. If you need more help, let me know. :slight_smile:

hi there,
thanks for your prompt response, I'm not sure I'm following you. its my very first time in learning to code and if there are things that in your eyes look predicated I'm just not able to detect it, sorry...
multiple equation was for you because "two big numbers" just don't sounds accurate to me and wanted to make clear which numbers I used. Subtraction = 108 - 204 = -96 puzzled me too.

Oh, that's ok. :slight_smile: I'll explain some more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They mean large numbers. For example: 20 is a large number. They don't want one-digit numbers like: 3. And, you don't need to write the result of the equation, just the equation itself (without the answer basically).

Here's an example skeleton of what it should look like :slight_smile: :

#Set your_difference equal to the difference of two small numbers.

#add the variable your_difference below!

your_difference =  # <- add your subtraction problem here!
#(This is an example, if you leave this empty, Python will say this is invalid syntax.)

So, in this example, they're asking you to create a variable called your_difference and set it equal to difference of two small numbers.
Now look what we do next in the same skeleton... (I removed/changed some comments so there's less confusion):

#Set your_difference equal to the difference of two small numbers.

#add the variable your_difference below!

your_difference = 5 - 3  # <- the subtraction problem (5 - 3) is assigned.

So now, we assigned our equation (5 - 3) to your_difference.
Does this help? Let me know if you understand :slight_smile:

id like to see the solution to this task please
very cute big/small numbers theory though

All you need to do is create a variable called count_to and assign ( = ) it to an addition ( + ) problem. Both numbers must be two-digit (large) numbers. (You can review my previous posts again if you'd like to for reference). Example of how it should look like so far:

a = 20

Even though this topic is for one of the first lessons in the whole Python course, it's against the guidelines to give the full answer (even if it's the smallest, simplest code).
(Check here: Codecademy Guidelines)

When I help others, I want them to understand what they're doing instead of giving away the answer without them getting how it works. :wink:

I hope you understand what I mean, and I hope what I said above and in the previous post helps you. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.