Ignore/Block Button

Hello,

I would just like to propose an ignore/block button to be added.

This would be very useful, as if someone is being hostile, hateful, spamming, etc. you could easily remove those comments from your feed, without having to spam the moderators with extra flags.

It would most likely work in the way you'd expect, if you feel that you need to "ignore" someone's posts, you could easily click the flag button, then choose to "Ignore Messages from [username]". This would prevent them from sending you messages, and replying to your posts.

Overall, I don't see very much of a negative aspect to this, and it would definitely help to prevent spam and possible fighting!

Thanks for reading,
Cade

@cadecodes Good suggestion, but:

if someone is being hostile, hateful, spamming, etc.

That's not OK. Just flag them, and we'll take care of it. We really don't get so many flags we can't handle them :slight_smile:

Now, if you want to block someone who's being annoying, but not necessarily inappropriate, you could ask us to send them a PM, but that does seem like a good usecase for an ignore/block button.

Again though, if someone is breaking the rules, that's our job to take care of for everyone - don't worry about possibly flooding our flag queue :slight_smile:

+1 for getting a button to hide messages from annoying people, but I agree with Zeke about still flagging for inappropriate messages.

@cadecodes There is an "ignore button" of sorts in Codecademy which suppresses any type of notification from a person in the settings. It can be used as a substitute for the block button you proposed. :slight_smile: