If/else statement inside of function

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/javascript-beginner-en-6LzGd/2/4?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661#

IM STUCK. I feel my semicolons and brackets are in the right place but apparently not.

var sleepCheck = function(numHours) {
    if (numHours >8) 
        return "You're getting plenty of sleep! Maybe even too much!";
    }
    else {
        return "Get some more shut eye!";
    }

sleepCheck(10)

Just missing the closing brace on your function.

where? i keep seeing that on other posts. WHERE exactly is that supposed to go?

This needs to look like this.

var sleepCheck = function(numHours) {
    if (numHours > 8) {
        return "You're getting plenty of sleep! Maybe even too much!";
    }
    else {
        return "Get some more shut eye!";
    }
}

thank you! where can i find a coding mentor? someone i can contact for help with outside projects? JavaScript is for some reason incredibly difficult for me. I need to know how to make slideshows and forms for sites, etc.

Just keep posting your questions in the forums. We try to encourage public posting so everyone can see the questions and participate.

There will always be people who can help you on this site, outside project or codecademy problem. However if you are willing to pay for it you could try a site like https://www.codementor.io/javascript-experts.

thank you both. but im not sure how i would get help creating a slideshow or online store here on the forum

Search for the course with the Flipboard, an easy jQuery slideshow. The course may be slated for removal, but if it is still up, I believe it is called Build and Interactive Website.

You can start by simply googling what you are wanting to do. Find a resource that shows you how to code it. Have a go doing it yourself first, if you cannot acomplish it post your code here and somone will help you.

@mtf how are you always before me? haha. You're so quick :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.