\i wrote the right syntax and still having error message!

i cant pass this stage ! can anyone help me please

console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");

var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

if (userAnswer === "yes")
{
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
}
else {
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

Your code looks fine. Can you please copy and paste your error message?

I'm stuck on the same problem, I believe my code is right too but I'm getting an error.

confirm("I am ready to play!");
var age = prompt("How old are you?");
if (age<18)
{
console.log("I take no responsibility");
}else{
console.log("Play on!");
}
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");
console.log("Suddenly, Beiber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Beiber on stage?");

the message is are you sure you have used if statment?

Having the same problem: CODE
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");
var userAnswer=prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");
if (userAnswer === "yes") {
// Do something
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
} else { // Otherwise...
// Do something else!
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

ERROR MESSAGE:Oops, try again. Did you add an if statement to your code?

if (age<18)

age is 13.

Not entirely sure if you left it out on purpose, but I believe your code needs to start by asking if the user is over 13. Like what @greentreemee said. Your finished code should look like this.

confirm("I am ready to play!")

var age = prompt("What's your age") 
if(age < 13){
    console.log("You are allowed to play but you take no responsibility") }
    else {
        console.log("Play On!") }

console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'")
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'")

var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?") 
if(userAnswer === "yes"){
    console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!")}
    else { console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")}

If you are still getting a error message, it could be due to your browser. Try using something other than chrome such a Firefox.

If neither of those suggestions worked please let us know.

Good eye! I changed the code to say 13 but still get the error. Hmmm.

If you are still getting a error message, it could be due to your browser. Try using something other than chrome such a Firefox or IE.

This worked! Seems fine in Firefox.

Could you please mark my reply as the solution so when others get this problem they will know what to do.

There seems to be a trend of this happening.

I am not OP, I don't believe I have that ability, I appear to have hijacked his thread.

OP: Did you ever get your problem solved?

Oh yeah haha sorry about that. I'm nearly 100% positive that if the other people in this thread do what you did. The problem will be solved.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.