I think think I found a bug

On line 13, assign the variable fifth_letter equal to the fifth letter of the string "MONTY".

Remember that the fifth letter is not at index 5. Start counting your indices from zero.
""" the fifth caracter starting from zero is noththing"""""
M O N T Y
0 1 2 3 4 5
"""
The string "PYTHON" has six characters,
numbered 0 to 5, as shown below:

+---+---+---+---+---+---+
| P | Y | T | H | O | N |
+---+---+---+---+---+---+
0 1 2 3 4 5

So if you wanted "Y", you could just type
"PYTHON"[1] (always start counting from 0!)
"""
fifth_letter = "Y"

print fifth_letter

""""
I think that this cannot be answered

You might want to consider what is being asked for here.

Hey man, so I was just struggling with this myself. So, remember how the explanation in the code interpreter says that, in strings, it's all based off of indexes which start as zero? This explains why, if you wanted to print the Y in PYTHON you can simply type "PYTHON"[1], because, counting within the index and starting from zero, the letter Y is assigned to the numerical zero. Well, the hint on the MONTY example says that the LETTER you're looking for is Y. Okay. Simple. Let's look at our index for the word MONTY. M = 0 , O = 1, N = 2, T = 3, Y = 4. So, looking back at the explanation in the interpreter, if we wanted to type the fifth LETTER of MONTY, which is Y (as it says in the tip), and we were trying to replicate the same code for MONTY as the interpreter showed us for PYTHON, then, in order to print the fifth letter, Y, which is assigned to the number 4 in our index, our code should look like "MONTY"[4]. Hope this helps!

MONTY
M=0, O=1, N=2, T=3, Y=4
that's it there is no fifth letter that i can see.

If i start counting at 1 then Y=5
but fifth_letter = "Y" gives an error

The index starts at zero. The first letter of python - P - is Python[0].