I need help with this project

Anyone help me with the Fotomatic project on the web development cause, I don’t understand it?

2 Likes

Hello @sunlessshadow!

Please could you give the link to this exercise. Thanks!

5 Likes

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/learn-how-to-build-websites/tracks/responsive-design-and-accessibility/modules/css-documentation-and-debugging/informationals/f1-2-c1p1-fotomatic

2 Likes

AH, I don’t have Pro. @mtf, can you help out please?

@sunlessshadow

What do you not understand?

2 Likes

I’m not set up to complete the project but we can help with the code if the OP posts it.

4 Likes

It’s essentially debugging a site but the solution code doesn’t appear to be much different from the starting code.

I’ll post the code today.

Css Fotomatic Code.txt (5.5 KB)
file:///C:/Users/henry/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_capstone_fotomatic_start%20(1).zip/F1C1_start/index.html
Css Fotomatic Code Solution.txt (6.3 KB)

1 Like

I tried to upload the html code in a file but you only see the code with google devtool.

Hello, it would be great if the Codecademy team does a walk-through video !

9 Likes

I’m hesitating to just do it from scratch as opposed to browsing through all the unclear code. I wonder if this is a valid strategy for the exercise? ^o)

1 Like

Hey!

How did you get on with this project? Did you debug the fotomatic website via devtools on google chrome or did you have to extract the code and put it into your own personal editor to complete the project?

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

I don’t actually remember! Sorry! Good luck!

I realised after a while that the CSS document wasn’t linked to the HTML one, so that is the first error in HTML. However, I couldn’t make out the difference between the correct CSS and incorrect CCS document, they looked the same to me. Anyone know what the list of errors are?

I agree with you totally. I have wast videoed so much time on this and got NO help.
I wish a work through exercise video be provided.

1 Like