I need help with 3/7 with the cd command and the git init

Replace this line with your code.
$ cd personal-website
bash: cd: personal-website: no such file or directory
$ git init
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/ccuser/workspace/daw/.git/

Unclear what you want, have you got a question or some other description of what you're trying to do and what's preventing you from carrying that out or finding out how to do that something?

Keep in mind that if you don't determine what information you need then you have no chance at getting that information yourself. By fleshing out your request for help you are also bringing yourself far, far closer to answering your own call and for the same reason it becomes much easier to respond which in turn shows that you value other people's time and usually gets you a faster and better reply

When I use the cd command it will say no such file or directory.

Why would you try to cd to a directory that isn't there?

Same as in a graphical file explorer, you will need to consider where in the file-tree you are and where it is possible to go next

Ohhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense thank you

If you're sure that you're in the right place and that this directory should be there, then why should it be there? Was it something you should have done? Did you? Did it succeed? Did you undo it? Can you re-do it?

I'll try and see if I forgot something.

If you're in /home/ccuser/workspace/daw/ (you would need to confirm whether that's the case) then you should have used jekyll to generate a static webpage and store those files in personal-website.

After that, you should be navigating into the root of that static website and create a git-repository there.

You may also want to remove the repository that you created in /home/ccuser/workspace/daw/

So I need to make a new git repository

Okay I got it going thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.