I need help lesson 22/23 css selectors

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/4/4?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

THIS IS THE INSTRUCTIONS:
Instructions
Add another

paragraph to the HTML document.
Give it an id="serious".
On the CSS tab, give the #serious id a font-family of Courier and a font color of #8C8C8C.
?
Stuck? Get a hint!

Oops, try again. Did you remember to add a new paragraph? - This is the error

Replace this line with your code. 

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>
		<title>Result</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<!--Add your HTML below!-->

<p id="serious"> Hello from the other side </p>

</body> 
</html>

for the CSS

/*Add your CSS below!*/

#serious {
    font-family: Courier;
    color: #8C8C8C;
}

this is weird, in exercise 22 you added a h3 heading and a paragraph with class fancy:

<h3 class="fancy">heading</h3>
<p class="fancy">paragraph</p>

now in exercise 22 you need to add another paragraph (this way you have two paragraphs) and give it an id of serious. You need to do this right (maybe revisit exercise 21 if needed?) otherwise you get in trouble at exercise 23

The same thing happened to me, too. When I started the lesson, there were no h3 or other paragraphs while the correctness checker thinks there should be. I think this lesson needs a correction to fix this issue.

the code from the previous exercise should get loaded, i have done the course several times and never experienced the problem, but if you think it is really urgent you can make a new topic on the platform problems section of the forum

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.