I need advice on what to do moving forward through Front-end Engineer

My parents have noticed that I’m not moving through my course at a pace that will allow me to finish by the end of the school year. They have been pressing me to get 5% a week on the Front end engineer course but im really slow at learning this and now ive pushed too far. Im at 31% and feel like i belong at 25% i dont understand any of the functions im shown or how to do any of the projects. I need to use hint and videos to even be able to do the lessons/projects. Ive tried to tell my parents i cant move this fast but they wont listen. Now i cant learn anything because it all includes something else i do not understand. Is there any way to have some kind of review or way to catch me up.

1 Like

You can use the CC Go app to review the JS, go back in the path, and/or other websites. Also, this should go in #get-help:codecademy

1 Like

Hi Ian.
It’s great to see that you’re 31% in, that in itself is something for you to be proud of.
It’s worth mentioning that most of the paths accelerate a bit in difficulty as you progress, which means that you will likely see yourself slowing down a bit in the percentile progress - which obviously is not the same as you not learning anymore.

That being said, @ethanmastercoder’s idea of using the CC Go app and go back in the content of the path, is great - there is no shame in needing to review something that you have already progressed past.

If there are elements of the lessons or projects which seem confusing to you or you simply don’t understand, remember that w3schools and the MDN Docs hold a lot of information for you to utilize. If these still seem confusing, consider checking out a crash course in web development on YouTube.

Lastly, it can be a good idea to take notes as you go, much like you would do in school. It might seem tedious, but these notes can be very useful when you encounter an obstacle you have tackled before, but you don’t remember how you did it.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

To add on to the resources you mentioned @ianb7942866837 you can also use the CC cheat sheets and docs

2 Likes