I may have caused a problem with my exercise and I don't know what to do

I was completing the PygLatin course for python when I came across step 10/11. I had made a mistake and wanted to reset my script, but when I pressed the button on the lower bar nothing changed. I refreshed the page and it came up with this message:

7/script.py has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move 7/script.py back to its original location, or reset your files

I reset my files but nothing happened and the alert kept coming up. I kept reseting and reseting and there is still no change. I don’t know where to find 7/script.py or if I even have access to it. If there is something I can do please tell me!

Hi @gearxl,

This message represents a bug in the system …

7/script.py has been moved. This will cause problems with this exercise, please move 7/script.py back to its original location, or reset your files

For one thing, it does not clearly explain to the user what happened.

Unfortunately, the reset may have affected several exercises, which is disappointing, and you may need to go back to the most recent exercise for which you still have code. This might be one of the following …

Having to go back that far would mean that you have lost some work you have done. However, it might enable you to get things going again.

Please let us know how it works out.

Codecademy staff is aware that there are bugs in some of the Python exercises, and hopefully they will soon be fixed.

Thank you for showing me where I can begin. It was simple enough (PygLatin) and I think that I can do it quickly

So now that I have found out where to start (Ay B C) I am not sure how to continue. If I click next then the message pops up again. How do I reset / start a new code for the next few steps?

Hi @gearxl,

When you reached Ay B C again, what was in the editor window? If it was empty, try submitting this, or have you done so already? …

pyg = "ay"

It was just the pyg = “ay” code. When I click next the only thing that would come up would be the warning message. No code other than the pyg = “ay” would be visible on the page despite what I have done before even after bypassing the warning message.

Hi @gearxl,

If you click on this button in the lower left corner of the exercise page …

28 PM

… you should see a popup menu …

When you do this, which exercises have check marks to the right of them in the list, meaning that the system considers you to have completed them?

All of them up to 9 (which is finished) but I can’t move past 7 without the warning popping up.

I have alerted others at Codecademy to this thread, so that they may offer ideas regarding how to deal with this problem.

Thank you. I hope that I will be able to continue learning soon.

Hi @gearxl
I am having the same issue although it arose after completing 7 and before completing 8, but getting the exact same error messages as you. I’ll be interested to see what the solution is. I hope there is one!

Just to confirm, I am also having the same issue. Today the error message about 7/script.py is only flashing briefly before disappearing. (i.e. it does not require me to confirm or reset before disappearing)

Hi all,

We discovered some issues with a few of the exercises not resetting correctly, and we fixed them over the weekend. If you go to an exercise and get a pop up that says “Whoa there! …” and states that a file has been moved or is missing, you’ll need to reset your workspace.

You can do this by:

1. Clicking “Cancel” on the pop-up.
  2. Then clicking the circular reset button right next to the “run” button at the bottom of the code editor.

These steps should reset your workspace back to a healthy state.

After resetting, a few users have reported getting a grayed out screen. If this occurs, please refresh the whole page, and you should be able to see your workspace again.

Note: Resetting your workspace will reset any work you’ve done in that lesson. You’ll still have your progress, but your previous code will no longer be there. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks for working with us, and if you see other issues pop up, please let us know!

9/script has been removed
Reset Lesson

Thank you! The PygLatin module seems to work fine, now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just weight and see