</head>
<body>
<h1>John Picton</h1>
<p>This is my webpage</P>
<p>It is here for me to learn</P>
<p>Or at least to try</p>
</body>
</html>

I keep getting the error "Oops, try again. No empty p tags! Make sure to write a bit about yourself in all three paragraphs."
I am sure I am missing something obvious.

TIA

John

make sure all paragraph tags have a lowercase p, html is case-sensitive

all of the p tags are lower case.

I looked this up and my understanding was that HTML tags are case insensitive (however in my code they are all lower case any way).

including all the closing tags?

I should have been more specific: a lowercase opening tag doesn't match a uppercase closing tag.

Sorry I just checked - I had put an uppercase p in there.

However I still looked this up and according to the information at www.w3.org tags are insensitive

as stated in this part of their page

Tag names for HTML elements may be written with any mix of lowercase and uppercase letters that are a case-insensitive match for the names of the elements given in the HTML elements section of this document; that is, tag names are case-insensitive.

Is the case insensitivity in the CodeAcademy interface?

My post crossed

So they can be case independent as long as they match?

i never understood why people would use uppercase letters, but it seems you may. The recommendations w3 makes have become easier over the yeas (with the latest html5 recommendations some closing tags (include paragraphs) are no longer required)

codecademy is case-sensitive in this exercise.

I just saved my code in to a .html file via notepad and used a whole range of upper and lowercase letters and the page ran fine?

So I ask again is the upper / lowercase thing a Code Academy thing (which is fine) or an HTML thing?

Again poses crossed

I really appreciate the clarification

In my case it was sloppy use of the keyboard :slight_smile: so it is a good thing it is picked up.

Many thanks

John