return 1
    elif answer > 5:        
        return -1
    else:
        return 0

print greater_less_equal_5(4)
print greater_less_equal_5(5)
print greater_less_equal_5(6)

what am i not getting and why does it say return three what thee i dont see much here to say thats it even prints out three nor do i get an out put of three??

the exercise is testing some more numbers to validate everything works correctly

if the number is greater then 5 return 1
if the number is lesser then return -1

you seemed to have swapped it, you return -1 for numbers greater then 5 and 1 for numbers smaller then 5

I have ran different variations of the code
if < 5:
elif > 5:
else:

if > 5:
elif < 5:
else:

if 6 > 5:
elif 4 < 5:
else:

if 4 < 5:
elif 6 > 5:
else:

several different variations and nothing is working. The "Hint" does not help. There is nothing that says what the problem is.

i recommend to reset the exercise. You need the function, since the exercise is going to call the function to validate it returns the right thing

Maybe I am missing something. Because I have set the function and still nothing. I'm still getting the errors

please go here, make a new topic, fill in the template and someone will help you. Topics are for helping the person who created the topic

your as helpful as your no existent hints.
I got it right finally, but I don't know why. The instruction here is lacking.

Criticism is fine, and allowed. But unless the criticism is constructive (this goes both for my hints and the instructions), there isn't much we can do to improve it.

A post was split to a new topic: I got 99 problems

Old maxim: A poor workman always blames his tools.

Thank You So Much...