I finished my course, what about next?

<PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

<In what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>

<What do you expect to happen instead?>

```python

i JUST FINISHED MY PYTHON COURSE BUT I REALLY WANT TO KEEP IMPROVING MY SKILLS CAUSE I WANT TO MASTER THIS LENGUAGE. IS THERE ANY REASONABLE WAY TO FOLLOW IN TERMS TO BE VERY FAMILIARIZED WITH THE LANGUAGE? ANY RECOMENDATIONS?

<do not remove the three backticks above>

To practice your skills, try using codingbat.

To continue your progression, I’d try a quick google search for Python online courses.

is learn python the hard way an appropriate book? i think is too basic
what tutorials do you find interesting?

Basic is good. Our mission is the find the twenty-one ways we can do something with what few tools we have. Push every envelope and catalog all your approaches. Then give them a pro-con rating. Basic yes, but the above is a hard project to complete.

so you recommend me to finish that book?

It can’t hurt. It won’t be the only reading you do but that book will verse you in Python 2 so you have that in the back of your mind going forward into Python 3. It is valuable knowledge that will help you to recognize version 2 in older code.

Some months (or maybe only weeks) ago I posted a (link to a) Python tutorial in the Corner Bar. Will need to dig it up, but finish reading the above, first. Try your hand at all the exercises, and remember, learning is not a race, but a journey.

Found it… In Depth - Guide to Python Programming

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.