I don't know what the heck I am doing

I am getting most of the questions right and moving along with the course.
However, most of the time, I still don't know what the heck I am doing. IS this normal way to feel?
I am new to code/ programming. I just finished HTML/CSS (not from code Academy but from a book) before I started Ruby programming course which I am quite confident that I have a solid foundation that I can build my skill on without a big issue. I don't feel the same way about Ruby programming at all. I am about 70% done with the course and I feel so lost.
Please share some words of advice or encouragement.
I am so discouraged right now.

Write a lot of code and google how to do things.

Check out http://www.codewars.com/kata/search/ruby?q=&r%5B%5D=-8&r%5B%5D=-7&beta=false
for a bunch of training problems

ionatan, Thank you so much for the link. I just checked it out. Will be frequenting the site

This is of course how you feel at the beginning, i also started coding a while ago, and had the same issues, i thought: “Well this doesn’t make sense at all”, but after a while, you see how it gets easier and easier, what helps a lot is to repeat the lessons in the labs repl.it and try differnt things. You get better every time.

Stay determined. :wink:

Thank you!! May be I should not rely on internet review too much. I've read stories how Ruby was so easy they got it nailed within a week and etc which didn't help me much with my confidence.

the issues wasn't a problem just make more practice, ( Practice makes perfect)

Jipp, this needs time. Yeah someone who is already a programmer for a long time is able to learn it quick, but it doesn't matter for your personal progress. You're as good as you are, and you get better with every line of code. =)

You are not alone!

Practice with every line of code and be encouraged for every achievement :)relaxed:

I myself have been feeling this way, what I like to do is scan over what I have been doing until I think I got the hang of things.. Totally normal to feel this way! Especially if you just started coding like i have. If you really are stressing then I suggest putting on some relaxing music in the background..It helps me focus and concentrate. Hopefully this helps.