I don't even get a question in the terminal or the ability to interact with anything

I'm having the same issue. I don't even get a question in the terminal or the ability to interact with anything om the right side of the screen. Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Gif just continues to spin

Thanks for the screenshot. What you are seeing there is definitely a problem. Something is blocking your exercise from fully loading.

If you are on this exercise you must have been able to make connection with the Ruby course up until now. Has anything changed on your end? Firewall maybe? If not, then it could be on the Codecademy end and I'm not sure that as individuals we can do anything about that.

Some ideas:
- refresh/reload the web page
- try a different web browser
- do you notice that it only happens on a school/work network?

I've run it on 2 different computers, and both have the same issue. I haven't had a problem like this with any of the courses I've gone through before, but it is possible it is affected by the network I am on. I will try on my home network later today.

Which OS/browser combination did they have?

One is a Mac on El Capitan, and the other is a PC on Windows 7. Both were in a Chrome browser.