I do not understand. I read this over and over and my brain is fried

I am not at home so i can't give you guys a picture of this issue so ill write it out.
INSTRUCTIONS:
Define a function called quarter which has a parameter called number.
This function returns a value equal to one quarter of the parameter. (i.e. number / 4;)
Call the function inside the if statement's condition (and put in a parameter value!) such that "The statement is true" is printed to the console.

I put this in
// Define quarter here.
var quarter = function(number) {
return number/3;
};

if (quarter(13) % 3 === 0 ) {
console.log("The statement is true");
} else {
console.log("The statement is false");
}
and then it let me go to the next lesson but didn't print "The statement is true" in the console log. it instead put "referenceError: number is not defined. But it said congrats!! you finished this section. So i know that i did something wrong. I would just like to know what it is before i move on. Because im not understanding this part.

I don't know why you would see that reference error. When I run your code is gives me:

The statement is false

One thing you might want to consider, you are writing a quarter function, ie a function to find one quarter of a number. You have instead written your quarter function to find one third of a number.

Another thing, if you want console.log("The statement is true"); to be the choice that is taken, then you will have to make sure that this: quarter(13) % 3 === 0 is true.