I clicked "run" but it keeps showing a loading symbol

the title says everything

If the code has been moved you’ll need to reset until all code is restored back in the editor. Also, you need to post your code

it doesn’t have to do with my code, the problem is a bug in codecademy (i just found out)

as stated above you will need to keep resetting the code on every instance that the error message pops up until you get the code restored on all exercises. It took me a couple of tries before it worked. Once you get it reset you should be able to move forward. I was stuck on 9/9 of the exercise for a few days with the run button running until I figured out this solution. Yes, there is a bug but that is the solution to fix it if that is the problem. If it is your code remember that indentation is key in Python. If something isn’t indented correctly, it will cause the run button to loop as well check everything. I hope it works for you!! Please post if it works for you so that others may know as well!

it didn’t work, this is my code:

grades = [100, 100, 90, 40, 80, 100, 85, 70, 90, 65, 90, 85, 50.5]

def print_grades(grades_input):
  for grade in grades_input:
    print grade

def grades_sum(scores):
  total = 0
  for score in scores: 
    total += score
  return total

def grades_average(grades_input):
  sum_of_grades = grades_sum(grades_input)
  average = sum_of_grades / float(len(grades_input))
  return average

def grades_variance(scores):
  average = grades_average(scores)
  variance = 0
  for score in scores:
    variance += (average - score) ** 2
    variance2 = variance/len(scores)
    return variance2
print grades_variance(grades)

def grades_std_deviation(variance):
  result = variance ** 0.5
  return result
variance = grades_variance(grades)
print grades_std_deviation(variance)
print grades
print grades_sum(grades)
print grades_variance(grades)

I don’t see anything that is jumping right out at me in your code. I would keep trying the method I suggested as it worked for me. Also, you could try placing it in a .txt file and testing it in eclipse or another environment. That way if it runs you will know it isn’t the code.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.