I can't pass this lesson

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I can't finish the first part of this lesson because it says in an error:
Oops, try again. It looks like your border-color isn't #0000FF.
I went onto this website that has Hex colors and I put in the exact Hex color Codecademy was asking for me to put in and it is the color that showed up on the Hex color picker page. Here's my code if you may need it:

{Html side}

The Box Model

Image courtesy of www.w3.org!

{CSS side}

html{
border: 2px dashed #0000FF;
}

img{
}

h3{
}

body{
}

I hope I can get help! !(^3^)! P.S.Thanks Codecademy for me being able to learn more HTML and CSS by the way!
P.S.S. I don't think the HTML will show up with the code so if it doesn't show up sorry! : )

This is what you should do

See for yourself—use the universal selector to draw a 1px dashed border of hex color #0000FF around every HTML > element.

To do this, you just have to write this into your CSS file

* {
    border: 1px dashed #0000FF;
}

And that's it. That will apply border to all elements.

Oh I didn't realize that a: *
was exactly what I was supposed to put in ^ ^ Thanks you so much!

Thanks. I forget about the use of *. Gotta set time to do this everyday.

Asterisk will select all elements. It can be put to good use, especially in learning, but you wont be using it that much later. Still, glad it helped you.

Hello here, I have done ecactly that and it still says:Oops, try again. It looks like your border-width isn't 1px. What to do? Is there any posibility to skip that exercise or how to solve that?

PS: I did this: * {
border: 1px dashed #0000FF;
}

still didn't fixed it...

Can you show your full code? For both HTML and CSS? But first try doing lesson from beginning, reset it.

Now it's ok. To solve it I had to set web browser to 100% zoom. Because I had it set to 110% it didn't seem like 1px for that program I guess... I couldn't find out why I can't pass that lesson because it have never happened to me before because until now I was programming on my laptop where default zoom is set to 100%...

Thanks for reply, have a nice day :slightly_smiling:

Finally worked

I'm glad it worked out for you! ^ ^