I cant get the prompt part in the beginning

Does anyone know what to do with the prompt that asks where someone is from. It keeps saying I got it wrong

Prompt syntax for assigning the answer to a variable:

var myAnswer = prompt("Question?");

@jibblyj I am asking the question. I just started it isn't talking about syntax yet. Just saying type prompt("Where you from"); and it still says I got it wrong

You need a question mark at the end, too - SCT is very strict in the first few lessons.

I just gave you a syntax example so that you understand how it works, as I just assumed that you didn't.

Do you get a popup window with your question in it?

I am also having the amen issue

Same issue?
Please post your code and error message.

The question is about doing a prompt asking where someone is from. I did just like the example. Here is what I did:

prompt("Where are you from?");

But it kept giving me an error message

What's the error message?

No error message in the box but when I click on "Save and submit", it says

Oops, try again. Something went wrong with your prompt. Check the Hint if you need help!

Can I see your full code?

Also, technically that counts as an error message - it's a message that is describing the error (kinda).

Does the prompt pop up from your browser? If not you may have a pop-up blocker on and you'll need to take it off for this site. It's expecting the prompt to return "ok" after you click the "ok" button.

the prompt does not show up in the browser. It did pop up previously so it isn't blocked. Like what @marbee_ said it says that the code was wrong

I typed
prompt("Where are you from?")

No I don't. It says that I got the example wrong.

I know for sure that it is not a pop up. I am working on my surface and I don't know how to screen shot... yes. Basically, I have tried it all and it still doesn't work. I am kind of tuck. Is there a way to skip it?

I have the same problem

Do not click the Cancel button, or press the Esc key or you will get this error. Click Okay of press Enter.

Thank you! А pop-up window did not appear. Вut now is fine.

When you ran the code no pop-up?

Refresh the page to restore JavaScript and try again. You should get the prompt dialong. Just click Okay.

I mistranslated. It was the prompt dialong. It does not appear. But now everything is in order.