I can do the "add images" exercise here at codecademy just fine. But when I try to do the same thing in a .html file in TextEdit on my Mac, it doesn't work. I've tried multiple things:
1) I made sure that the image was in the same folder as the TextEdit .html file. Didn't work.
2) I wrote the complete file path to the image. Didn't work.
3) I tried making the letters uppercase or lowercase. Didn't work.
4) I tried using single quotes instead of double quotes. Didn't work.
5) Finally I tried just copying a random weblink picture, and that didn't work either.
I am able to drag the image onto the browser and have it display, so I know the image is not corrupted.
What am I doing wrong? The other text and paragraphs display just fine. But the images display as a blue question mark in a small box.
Here are a few examples of what I tried:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <img src=“filename.JPG” /> <img src=“filename.jpg” /> <img src=‘Users/MyUserName/Desktop/Photos/filename.jpg’ /> <img src=“Users/MyUserName/Desktop/Photos/filename.jpg” /> <img src=“/Users/MyUserName/Desktop/Photos/filename.jpg” /> </body> </html>