I am new to programming, where should I start?

Hello everyone!

My name is Kim and I am a college freshman in the field of engineering. I am new to the programming community and I want to learn more about it. I want to learn programming language but I don’t know where to go next after learning the HTML language? Can anyone suggest something I appreciate if you do?

I am taking electrical engineering as my major so any language that will greatly benefit me in my course or a bit will do.

Happy coding!

1 Like

After HTML, it might be an idea to also learn CSS (just as it complements HTML very well). You could also learn JavaScript, as that works with HTML and CSS. As for electrical engineering, I’m not too sure. A language like Python might help-it has data processing abilities, although I’m not too sure what you need for the engineering.
I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate it. I will consider this one. :grin:

1 Like

CSS and JavaScript definitely go hand in hand with HTML! Learning those will help give you a really good understanding of and basis for web development.

Here’s a good article for what languages you should learn: article link

Best of luck in your learning process! It can be a lot, but looking things up and finding communities to interact with is definitely helpful… and since you’re here, you’re already on the right track. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read the article and like you, @jj_coder, and @codeneutrino said, I should learn the CSS and JavaScript after HTML. Thank you!

1 Like