Hurricane Analysis Challenge Project (Python)

Here is my finished project!

Kind Regards to All! :slight_smile:

Hurricane Analysis Project

Hello! Here’s my answer to the challenge project. It was challenging, but I feel like this format was better than the spoonfeeding the lessons usually give. I learned to write out what I understood the problem to be first, and then handwrite a solution in my notebook before typing in the code with this project. It took a long time, but big steps were taken.
-JMS

With large databases we are better off leaving the data where it is without moving it around too much. Creating another store of the same data is a sure fire way to disaster. Given you have an initial store (the hurricane data dictionary), any other store need only be the keys that point to that data. Significantly less overhead and a boost in speed, as well. Indexes are the key to relational databases. (Pun not intended.)

Like a sliderule, there is one fixed point, the crosshair. That is immediately relative to the rule’s main scale, &c. Now slide the inner rule left or right and from the rule obtain a computation. Only in this case it is a database query.

The beauty of dictionaries is they act as look-up tables: Give a key, get a value. That is the fundamental principle of object oriented programming. The method thing was an afterthought (as if).

Hey there,

Here is my solution for the Hurricane Analysis project:

Nice exercise!
I used defaultdict objects for the first time, also practiced using try/except, and for loops with else statements.

Here is my solution: GitHub - eluscha/Hurricanes_project: Practice functions, dictionaries

This is my solution to the prompts in the hurricane analysis challenge. I answered the prompts as I understood them so the code may give something different than others.

https://github.com/Wla0002/Hurricane-Analysis-Project.git

Hi all,

Here is my code. Just completing the last bit requested.

Code:

Hey guys, here is my solution for the challenge

Hurricane Analysis

Hey all!

Here you have my solutions for this project!
If you have any suggestions, feel free to share with me !

Thanks!

Hurricanes Analysis

Here is my project!

Thank you!

Here is my code!

Hello!

Here is my solution for this project:

There you go: Hurricanes Project from the Python course · borgesenioc/codeacademy_data_science_path@b562f8f · GitHub

Hi all,
it was very challenging for me mid of the challenge. I had thoughts I won’t be able to finish but here we are )

Glad I finally finished this challenge. I found it pretty difficult trying to get the right syntax to support my logic and had to resort to using the solution quite a bit after fighting with each portion for too many hours, but I do feel that I have a better understanding of the concepts explored here and feel more confident using them now than I did prior to the challenge. Like someone else above mentioned, it will be fun to go back later and see how to make this code more efficient as we learn more. Here’s my solution: hurricaneProject_codecademy_AW20220412/hurricane_project_AW20220412.py at main · galvinae/hurricaneProject_codecademy_AW20220412 · GitHub

1 Like

Here is the link to my project. This is a challenge indeed.

here is my code for the project! thank you

It was pretty hard sometimes, it was good practice!

This is my code, very good exercise. I hope your recommendations

Hello.

My solution for the exercise.