Hurricane Analysis Challenge Project (Python)

Congratulations on completing your project!

Compare your project to our solution code and share your project below! Your solution might not look exactly like ours, and that’s okay! The most important thing right now is to get your code working as it should (you can always refactor more later). There are multiple ways to complete these projects and you should exercise your creative abilities in doing so.

This is a safe space for you to ask questions about any sample solution code and share your work with others! Simply reply to this thread to get the conversation started. Feedback is a vital component in getting better with coding and all ability levels are welcome here, so don’t be shy!

About community guidelines: This is a supportive and kind community of people learning and developing their skills. All comments here are expected to keep to our community guidelines

How do I share my own solutions?

• If you completed the project off-platform, you can upload your project to your own GitHub and share the public link on the relevant project topic.
  • If you completed the project in the Codecademy learning environment, use the share code link at the bottom of your code editor to create a gist, and then share that link here.

Do I really need to get set up on GitHub?
Yes! Both of these sharing methods require you to get set up on GitHub, and trust us, it’s worth your time. Here’s why:

1. Once you have your project in GitHub, you’ll be able to share proof of your work with potential employers, and link out to it on your CV.
  2. It’s a great opportunity to get your feet wet using a development tool that tech workers use on the job, every day.

Not sure how to get started? We’ve got you covered - read this article for the easiest way to get set up on GitHub.

Best practices for asking questions about the sample solution

• Be specific! Reference exact line numbers and syntax so others are able to identify the area of the code you have questions about.
14 Likes

My code, good exercise to learn about dictionaries!

11 Likes

Here is my completed project folks!!

8 Likes

Here is my code!

2 Likes

My Hurricanes project. Any feedback would be great.
Thanks.

Here is what I came up with…

My project:

2 Likes

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Just sharing my code

After reviewing the solution, I have a LOT to learn.
Here is my code:

1 Like

My project. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Here is my project; I came up with a different solution to question 6 in the exercise, lines 95-101 in my code - I would be interested to see if others had a similar solution!

This is my raw solution before looking at the solution.

Hi all,

I checked all the results and everything seems to be ok and in a simple way of understanding, feel free to use it when doing the exercise to get some ideas! Had a lot of fun doing this, took me a bit of time though.

2 Likes

Hey, everyone!

Here is my version of the project: https://gist.github.com/nktnlx/fc3f3e6f40d34c061d2bfcfe9a1ea367

Some tasks have been done by checking hints, so most likely they look similar to codecademy’s solution. But some parts (e.g. “write your update damages function” or “write your catgeorize by mortality function”) are different.

Welcome to check and leave your feedback!

3 Likes

Enjoyed this one! Here’s my code:

1 Like

Good one for cementing in the learnings of how to create and explore dictionaries. Still a lot to build up.

my finished code

my Jupyter Notebook version

1 Like