Https://www.codecademy.com/practice/projects/independent-project-html-documentation

When you ask a question, don’t forget to include a link to the exercise or project you’re dealing with!

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

https://www.codecademy.com/practice/projects/independent-project-html-documentation

how can display “form” with <> in the browser

Hello @kadriyoucef! Welcome to the forums!!

If I understand correctly you are asking how to write angle brackets without the computer reading them as code…

Check out this page

I would give this a try :grinning:

2 Likes

2020-04-26 18_13_40-Form (HTML) - Wikipedia

like in picture

For me I found I still could not get it to work right on my desktop, and it would still perceive it as a command. I don’t know if you are also having this problem, but I found a way around it…

If you add a space after the first angle bracket, and before the last one it won’t be read as code.

<code><span> < form > </span></code>

The if you use some CSS you can remove the spaces.

span {
    word-spacing: -5px;
}

I don’t know if you had this same problem, I still can’t figure why I have it since I copied from the link exactly. But if you do this works to solve it.

1 Like

Hello @kadriyoucef. You can use &lt and $gt in place of the angle brackets. This means that the brackets won’t be interpreted as HTML, but will render:

&ltform&gt 

Will render:

<form>

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Nice to know!!

I like your way better :grinning:

2 Likes

thanks it’s working :+1:

1 Like

@codeneutrino do you happen to know what was different about MDN’s web page?

If you use developer tools to their read their code it is written

<code><p></code>

and on their page you still see <p> displayed, though as hard as I try I cannot get this technique to work.

Any thoughts? :thinking:

Hello, is the <code> within a text tag? Like this:
<p><code><p></code></p>?

It is like so

<p><a><code> <p> </code></a></p>

But I tried this and it would not work.

Is it meant to be in <a> tags?

Yes, it was a link to a page about the paragraph element, I just didn’t include the href in my example.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.