Https://www.codecademy.com/paths/data-science/tracks/analyze-data-sql-go-off-platform/modules/analyze-data-sql-learn-off-platform/articles/what-is-sqlite

Hi,

I am having problems with the exercise What is SQLite? in the course of Data Sciences. I have downloaded the files already and have seen the video, i had followed all the steps. When i had clicked enter to the code ./sqlite3.exe acs-1-year-2015.sqlite it would show nothing. I had easily completed the first 2 steps but I can’'t complete the 3rd step. The link to the video is https://youtu.be/dcfh5iQ_-3s

Thanks,
Kriday Singh

Hi welcome to the forums!

Try typing sqlite3 acs-1-year-2015.sqlite into the terminal instead. Make sure you’re in the correct directory with an ls command as well.

Yesterday someone posted the same thing I think: Regarding setting up sql on local network

Let me know if this helps!

Dear toastedpitabread,

I have tried running the code you have showed me, but I am still getting the same problem as before. It just does nothing and shows the thing it says in the start.

Thanks,
Kriday Singh

Hi Kriday,

No problem!

Try 2 things:

Type ls, and see what results come out. Type sqlite3 -version and also see what results come out.

The first one is to check that acs-1-year-2015.sqlite is indeed in your directory. The second one is to check that you’ve installed sqlite properly. If either one doesn’t work properly, then that’s the source of your problem.