Https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-c-plus-plus/lessons/cpp-variables/exercises/assign

I am a beginner , who is learning C sharp (c++). I also know other programming languages like q basic and html. I am having a problem in the second task
i was successful in completing the first task but i am having a problem while compiling using g++ statement in the terminal
i will be really grateful if someone helps me
here is the link so that you. can solve it:-

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-c-plus-plus/lessons/cpp-variables/exercises/assign

Thank you

Hi there, welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

As a quick note; C++ (“C plus plus”) and C# (“C sharp”) are two totally separate languages. The exercise you’re working on is part of the C++ course, though Codecademy do also have a C# course if you’d like to take it.

The second step of that exercise says this:

So, in the terminal (the right-hand pane of the Codecademy learning environment), you should type this:

Your program, at this stage, doesn’t ask for any input nor provide any output…

If you’re getting an error message when running g++ variable.cpp then we would need to see both your code and the error to be able to help you - which means posting them both here in the forums. (The links take you to the learning environment, which is unique to each user - so if I click that link, I see my already completed exercise and not your attempt.)

The Codecademy forum provides a quick and easy way to post properly-formatted code. All you need to do is look for the </> icon in the menu bar which appears at the top of the text box while you type.

capture

Press Enter to go to a blank line, click that icon, and you will see this:

capture_r

Just copy and paste your code directly from the editor into that highlighted portion, and we’ll be able to help you with any errors. You should post those as well, so we know what we’re up against. :slight_smile: