Html

It doesn’t seem clear to me what I’m supposed to be doing on the indentation area of the HTML basics course. I figured I was doing it right but no matter where I look I can’t seem to get any instruction. I have started the course over several times in an attempt to figure it out myself but I don’t know…

Can you provide link to the exercise and the piece of code you have done? Thanks!

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html-elements/lessons/intro-to-html/exercises/white-space-html?action=resume_content_item&course_redirect=learn-html

I don’t know if I’m supposed to use the code in the example or if I am to change code from the previous exercises. I’ve tried everything I can think of, I’ve “reset the workplace,” completely reset the course and started over. The white space and indentation don’t seem to really work. When I use the “get code” option it gives me a green check but doesn’t seem to change my code.

The instruction says:

Use whitespace to make the code more readable by putting each element on its own line.

So just hit enter and let each element on his own line, like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  	<body>
      <h1>Whitespace</h1>
      <p>Whitespace and indentation make html documents easier to read.</p>
  </body>
</html>

It should work. If it doesn’t, try cleaning the browser cache and refresh.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.