HTML - Line Breaks Issue

I’ve been sitting on exercise 10 of 16 in the Learn HTML: Elements & Structure course for a few days. I’ve been following the instructions:

1. Add two line breaks (
    ) after the sentence that ends with “Least Concern”.

My Answer:

<p>The brown bear (<em>Ursus arctos</em>) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently <strong>Least Concern</strong>. There are many subspecies <br> within the brown bear species, <br> including the Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.</p>

And the error message is:
Did you add two line breaks after “Least Concern?”

The right-hand side showing your work and progress accepts the line breaks but the answer isn’t ticked complete. What am I doing incorrectly? I’ve tried applying the line breaks even further after least concern and still nothing, I’ve also tried resetting and retrying the task still nothing same problem and lastly I have submitted a bug report. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or even just point out bluntly what I cannot see.

Thank you for your time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The line breaks need to placed specifically where the exercise says so.

between Least Concern<strong> and . you need to place two line breaks

I have tried your suggestion and its still not working.

with that information, i can do absolutely nothing. Please copy paste your code to the forum as well as the exercise url, so i can run your code in the exercise to further diagnose the problem

1 Like

Try putting both the line breaks before the ‘there’ in the sentence and after the full stop…
Leave a space between them.

Hope that helps!:smile:

2 Likes

I tried it like you suggested:

>  <p>The brown bear (<em>Ursus arctos</em>) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently <strong> Least <br> Concern</strong> <br> . There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.</p>

I really don’t know what I might be doing incorrectly, thank you for your assistance.

Thank you for your suggestion but I still keep getting the same error response, but It accepts the line breaks?

<p>The brown bear (<em>Ursus arctos</em>) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently <strong> Least Concern</strong>. <br> There <br> are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.</p>

you need to add two breaks elements after strong closing tag.

I’m sorry but I’m really trying and I really don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

For this, the same applied what i said earlier, i can’t do much with it.

Please copy paste your full code and exercise url to the forum so i can have a look and run the code in the exercise

<body>
  <h1>The Brown Bear</h1>
  <div id="introduction">
    <h2>About Brown Bears</h2>
    <p>The brown bear (<em>Ursus arctos</em>) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently <strong>Least Concern</strong>. <br> There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, <br> including <br> the Atlas bear and, <br> the Himalayan brown bear.</p>
    <h3>Species</h3>
    <h3>Features</h3>
    <p>Brown bears are not always completely brown. <br> Some can be reddish or yellowish. <br> They have very large, curved claws and huge paws. Male brown bears are often 30% larger than female brown bears. They can range from 5 feet to 9 feet from head to toe.</p>
  </div>
  <div id="habitat">
    <h2>Habitat</h2>
    <h3>Countries with Large Brown Bear Populations</h3>
    <h3>Countries with Small Brown Bear Populations</h3>
    <p>Some countries with smaller brown bear populations include Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, China, Finland, France, Greece, India, Japan, Nepal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.</p>
  </div>
  <div id="media">
    <h2>Media</h2>
  </div>
</body>

no exercise url? pity

after the sentence that ends with Least Concern insert two line breaks, lets look at your code

<p>The brown bear (<em>Ursus arctos</em>) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently <strong>Least Concern</strong>. <br> There are ...

i only see a single line break? Not two like the instructions told you to

1 Like

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html-elements/lessons/intro-to-html/exercises/line-breaks-html?action=resume_content_item&course_redirect=learn-html

I apologies for that. I’m fully focused on what I’m doing now.

Did you insert the second line break after the sentence, like i told you?

The url is just for quick access to the lesson, if you make changes to your code you have to copy paste your code to the forum again

1 Like
<p>The brown bear (<em>Ursus arctos</em>) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently <strong>Least Concern</strong>. <br> There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, <br> including <br> the Atlas bear and, <br> the Himalayan brown bear.</p>
<strong>Least Concern</strong>. <br><!-- second line break should be here --> There are many ...
2 Likes

Thank you so much, I thought two line breaks meant <br> sentence then <br> duely noted for future. :slight_smile:

But the instruction state: after this sentence insert two line breaks. Which is literally what it means: two line breaks after a certain sentence.

What I said was exactly what you’ve done!
You didn’t get me, did you?:smirk::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Why are you replying that to me? Didn’t you intent to reply this to @elouisea

1 Like